Our client is an established, leading provider of Specialized Contracting Services.They deliver end-to-end High Voltage Solutions for the Electrical Power Industry. They require a Contracts Manager.
As a key resource in the Project Management Office, the Contracts Manager will be an expert on commercial matters during project planning and execution. The individual will be responsible for the management and administration of contracts made with customers, sub-contractors, vendors and partners.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Provision of commercial and contractual advice to the project leadership team;
- Provide training and development of project management staff; support project managers on an as-needed basis on contract matters.
- Provide advice on all types of contracts not limited to master service agreements, project contracts, non-disclosure agreements, sub-contracts and consulting agreements.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policies. Develop and maintain company standard form agreements.
- On standard and non-standard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and often negotiate customers. Ensure timely review and approval / reconciliation of variations.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes and other documents for project contracts.
- Coordinate with PMO, finance, and proposals on commercial submittals including but not limited to insurance, bid bonds and performance bonds.
- Provide input into a project risk register on commercial matters, discuss and recommend mitigation.
- Participate in the development of contract management module within the Project Management Information Software (PMIS)
- Perform other related duties as required by the role and corporate direction.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, law or related field and / or corresponding professional membership
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a contracts manager in a project setting or construction company;
- Proven track record on delivering commercial outcomes on projects;
- Experience in managing prime contracts, subcontracts, supply contracts and design contracts
- Proven contractual and commercial management ability at project level;
- Thorough knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts;
- Excellent people management and leadership skills; and
- Excellent team work, organizational and communication skills.