Position Summary CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR Job ID: 3293 REGULAR FULL-TIME Location: VANCOUVER, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR POSITION SUMMARY:
The Contracts Administrator is responsible for conducting procurements and providing contract administration for a wide variety of products and services relating to the day-today operations of multi-unit residential buildings and to maintain the quality of the buildings. The Contracts Administrator will interpret and apply Canadian public procurement trade agreements, Acts, guidelines, BC Housing policies when making recommendations, decisions and giving direction to the Operations team on procurement strategies. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to: facilitating solicitations, awarding contracts, administration of contracts, vendor management and process audits. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION:
- Certificate or Diploma in a relevant discipline such as, business, purchasing, contracts administration from a recognized educational institution.
- Designation or currently completing a Supply Chain Management program or equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in purchasing and contract management or equivalent technical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Working knowledge of Canadian public procurement agreements, Acts as well as policies, directives and guidelines
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repair, including parts and sources of supply for multi-unit residential building
- Working knowledge of a customized ERP system, preferably JDEdwards
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of program administration
- Ability to plan and organize the procurement process for individual procurement and contract projects
- Ability to develop and administer solicitations
- Ability to resolve contractual problems
- Ability to ensure the contract is being fulfilled and that customer service, budget, and operations are maintained throughout the contract relationship
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively across different organizational levels, functions and businesses to realize procurement goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and process a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing in a team environment
- Ability to deliver outstanding customer service to an internal customer
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage entire order from requisition to payment process
- Proficient with advanced knowledge of computer skills, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office - Professional Version
- Willingness and the ability to travel on BC Housing business within the Lower Mainland
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.
Management and Executive