Reporting to the Contract Manager, the Contracts Administrator will serve as a resource to complete full lifecycle Contracts Management activities for the Teck Project Development Group (PDG).
The Contracts Administrator is responsible for handling the full contracting lifecycle for department agreements and multi-project consulting agreements: developing and recommending contract strategies (including the identification of compensation and market approach models), planning and executing Request for Proposal (RFP) processes, evaluating proposals and negotiating agreements, making recommendations for award, conforming contracts for execution, administering (including invoice attestation, and invoice management, and commercial claims), expediting contractors, and closing contracts. Close liaison and coordination with the scope owners, budget owners, project services teams, and corporate shared service groups (legal, risk, customs and trade compliance, etc.) is required.
The Contracts Administrator will work in an inter-dependent manner with internal lawyers, contracts and procurement professionals and a diverse group of Teck employees, external service providers and contractors in a variety of locations (e.g. Canada, USA, Chile) to ensure Teck's contracts effectively define and handle the legal, commercial, and technical obligations and objectives of the parties involved so as to protect and advance Teck's interests.
- Maintains and demonstrates Teck's commitment to safety and environmental protection as a core value.
- Develops and recommends contract strategies and contract plans to a variety of scope and budget owners, ensuring contract strategies consider appropriate legal, commercial, and technical approach to scope packaging, bidding, awarding, managing, and closing contracts.
- Leads the request for proposal process including:
- Planning, preparation, and management of the RFP documents and process
- Supporting scope owners to develop RFP Scopes
- Analyzing and evaluating of commercial proposals
- Leading the technical evaluation process
- Negotiating commercial and legal terms on behalf of Teck
- Recommending award based on overall best value
- Conforming, executing, and awarding resulting contracts
- Ensuring all records are handled and retained
- Coordinates agreements (post-award) including evaluating pre-mobilization deliverables, compliance with insurance requirements, balancing invoices and handling invoice approval and payment via applicable AP systems, negotiating / resolving disputes, negotiating changes, implementing organizational change procedures, and closing contracts.
- Maintain records of the contracting activities into the Contracts and Procurement management system (Prism) and SharePoint.
- Proactively provides guidance to scope and budget owners in regards to contract management options and considerations throughout all stages of contracts lifecycles.
- References legal and commercial terms and relies on those terms to manage contractors, advise scope and budget owners.
- Implements effective change management to ensure contract modifications are accurately controlled, documented, and approved.
- Ensures contracts are closed out appropriately and in accordance with applicable legislation, including warranty management
- Assists with developing and detailing contracts management policies, procedures, and templates for the Project Development group.
- Proactively resolves issues that arise between contractors and Teck in a professional manner.
- Support the Project Development Group, Contracts and Procurement team, use and training in Prism, including managing system updates and reporting, and collaborating closely with the Prism representatives as the need arises.
- Prepares ad hoc contract management reports as the need arises.
- Adhere to all corporate policies, code of ethics and codes of conduct.
- Perform job-related administrative duties as the need arises.
- Post secondary education from a recognized institution is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) or an engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCM) company or owners project team and managing and completing contract lifecycle activities.
- Strong understanding of project lifecycles, project procedures, project roles and responsibilities
- Experience with various contract types, models, strategies.
- Intermediate understanding of various legal and commercial terms.
- Strong dispute resolution skills.
- Strong understanding of multiple phases of project execution.
- Able to raise awareness of contract activities which have an impact to a project.
- Knowledge of the engineering and construction industry.
- Strong critical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Targets and achieves results.
- Sets challenging goals.
- Prioritizes tasks.
- Overcomes obstacles.
- Accepts accountability.
- Sets team standards and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates leadership/motivation.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Teck has been named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes list of the World's Best Employers for the past two years and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People .
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources Job Segment:
Pre-Sales, RFP, Contract Manager, Compliance, Coal Mining, Sales, Legal, Mining
Sales and Marketing