Position Title Contract Instructor -- Communications and Media Studies Posting Number 00480F Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 01/03/2023 End Date 04/28/2023 Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
The Communications Department is currently seeking to hire a contract instructor for CMNS 2223: New Media and Society.
1 section will be offered in the Winter 2023 semester, in person at the New Westminster campus.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Contract Instructor in Communications with a specialization in Media StudiesResponsibilities
As a contract instructor in Communications, you would be responsible for:
- developing course outlines following the Curriculum Guidelines,
- selecting appropriate textbooks and creating teaching materials,
- delivering quality learner-centred instruction
- designing assignments and assessment criteria,
- evaluating student progress,
- holding regular office hours,
- maintaining currency in the field through regular professional development.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Successful applicants will have:
- a minimum of a Master's degree in Communications or related field, PhD preferred
- a minimum of two years of experience teaching courses in Communications and Media Studies at the post-secondary level,
- demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of and expertise in current theories in Communications and Media Studies,
- demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collegial and respectful manner,
- evidence of currency in and engagement with relevant professional and academic initiatives and activities.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 11/08/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
To ensure consideration, applications must be received online by 4:30PM on November 21, 2022. Please ensure that your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
Please review the curriculum guideline for CMNS 2223 New Media and Society on the College's website under Communications ( CMNS ), here: https://www.douglascollege.ca/courses/ CMNS .
We anticipate holding interviews on December 2, 2022.
All candidates selected for interview will be required to submit official transcripts for the credentials listed in their application.
This posting will remain open until filled. Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10115
Education and Training