Position Title Contract Faculty - Theatre Voice Posting Number 00206F Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 01/06/2020 End Date 04/17/2020 Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Theatre Department is seeking to expand its list of contract instructors qualified to teach THEA 1111 "Speech for the Stage" and THEA 1211 "Advanced Speech for the Stage"
We anticipate 1 section to be available beginning Winter 2020.
Workload is assigned each year based on available sections.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Contract Instructor - Theatre VoiceResponsibilities
As a contract instructor in the Theatre Department, you will :
- prepare and teach classes in voice, speech, and text analysis,
- develop course outlines following departmental curriculum guidelines,
- plan, organize, and manage classroom, activities and resources,
- select appropriate textbooks and create teaching materials,
- design assignments and assessment criteria,
- deliver quality learner-centred instruction,
- evaluate student progress and provide advice,
- hold regular office hours, and
- maintain currency in the field.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Successful candidates will have:
- an MFA in Theatre Voice or with a Theatre Voice specialization, or equivalent certification and professional experience;
- a demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, possess excellent communication skills, and an ability to work well with others in a respectful manner;
- experience teaching at the post-secondary level;
- a working knowledge of pedagogical methodology
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 10/29/2019 Close Date 11/13/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Please ensure that a detailed Resume and Cover Letter are submitted online by November 13, 2019.
First review date will be November 14, 2019, and we anticipate beginning interviews late-November 2019.
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/5315
Education and Training