Position Title Contract Faculty - Psychiatric Nursing (Med/Surg focus) - Health Sciences Posting Number 00362F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 10/13/2021 End Date Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Psychiatric Nursing Department of the Faculty of Health Sciences at Douglas College is hiring a contract faculty instructor. The primary place of work will be Coquitlam Campus.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Faculty of Health Sciences Department of Psychiatric Nursing invites applications for contract faculty to teach clinical practice courses (medical, surgical settings) as well as theory, communication and psychomotor skills laboratory courses in classroom settings for all levels of the Bachelor Science in Psychiatric Nursing Program.Responsibilities
You will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses. You will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners and maintain quality learner-centered instruction. You will participate in team collaboration.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Current RPN /RN registration with BCCNM
- A Master's degree in Nursing or related field for regular positions or enrolment in a Master's program (PhD preferred).
- Teaching experience in nursing practice (clinical), classroom/seminar, and/or
laboratory settings in a nursing program or equivalent (preferred).
- Recent clinical and/or teaching experience in medical-surgical nursing.
- Experience in curriculum development and evaluation (an asset).
- Effective interpersonal skills with a strong understanding of therapeutic communication.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural safety and humility in the context of education and psychiatric nursing practice.
- A strong work ethic and the ability to self-direct in order to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and contribute to team activities.
- Evidence of scholarship (e.g. research, publishing, conference presentations, professional committee involvement, community service).
- Evidence of ongoing professional development (e.g. attendance at conferences, course work, in-services).
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in practice.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 09/09/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online by 4:30pm on Sept 23, 2021. Please ensure your resume explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8159
Education and Training