Position Title Contract Faculty - Nursing Posting Number 00147F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 08/16/2019 End Date Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Teaching will occur on the Coquitlam Campus and nursing practice (clinical) can occur at any agency within the Lower Mainland.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Role Responsibilities
You will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses.
You will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners and maintain quality learner‐centered instruction.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
• Current practicing licensure with BCCNP
• Master's degree in Nursing or related field
• Minimum of five (5) years of practice in one or more practice area
• Recent teaching experience
• Effective interpersonal skills, initiative and creativity
• Self-directedness, strong work ethic, and excellent writing ability
• Ability to collaborate and contribute effectively to team activities
• Evidence of scholarship (e.g. research, publishing, conference presentations, professional committee involvement, community service) is an asset
• Evidence of ongoing professional development (e.g. attendance at conferences, course work, in-services) is an asset
• Satisfactory current references
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 04/09/2019 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume and cover letter are submitted online. This position will remain as open until filled.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/4192
Education and Training