Position Title Contract Faculty - Modern Languages (French) Posting Number 00226F Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 05/01/2020 End Date Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Modern Languages Department of the Faculty of Language, Literature and Performing Arts is seeking to expand its list of contract instructors qualified to teach French at the post-secondary level.
There might be work available in both the Summer and Fall 2020 semesters.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
French contract instructors in the Modern Languages Department at Douglas College teach MODL 1101 (Basic I) and MODL 1102 (Basic II).Responsibilities
As a contract instructor, you will be responsible for:
- planning teaching lessons based on curriculum and program guidelines. The instructor will teach the language course and is responsible for preparing the lesson plan for the conversation lab, taught by a Conversation Lab Assistant;
- preparing necessary teaching materials, quizzes, tests, exams, etc.;
- assessing and evaluating student work;
- providing academic advice to learners;
- maintaining quality learner-centered instruction.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
Successful candidates will meet the following criteria:
- Master's Degree in a relevant area,
- Native-level fluency in written and oral French and English,
- Minimum of two years' experience teaching French language courses at the post-secondary level,
- Demonstrated ability to teach French language courses using the Communicative Approach,
- Experience teaching with the "Deux Mondes" textbook will be considered an asset,
- Ability to teach linguistic / cultural / social aspects of the French world will be considered an asset,
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, excellent communication skills, and effective interpersonal skills,
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity, self-directedness,
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 02/11/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
To ensure consideration, application must be received online and include two cover letters (one in French and one in English). This position will remain open until filled with a first review date of February 28, 2020.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/5712
Education and Training