Position Title Contract Faculty - Business Law Posting Number 00343F Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 08/23/2021 End Date Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The candidate will be required to teach days and evenings at either or both our New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses, as needed.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration is seeking a contract Business Law instructor to add to the Business Law Contract pool.Responsibilities
The successful candidate will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses. The incumbent will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners, maintain quality learner-centered instruction, and will perform other related duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
- To possess a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B./JD) degree together with either a business related Master degree (i.e. MBA , Master of Finance, etc.), a Master of Laws (LL.M.) degree, or PhD or ABD status in a business related discipline from a recognized institution.
- To have completed a variety of business law courses during the LL.B. program (or, if applicable, the LL.M. program).
- Three years relevant experience in the practice of law.
- To hold membership in the Law Society of British Columbia (or be able to qualify for membership as a condition of appointment).
- To demonstrate an excellent ability to teach business law topics including Procurement Law and Contract Interpretation at the post-secondary level with preference given to candidates with previous teaching experience.
- To work cooperatively with colleagues in a team environment.
- To demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- To possess working knowledge of computer applications and educational technologies.
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 06/23/2021 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume, cover letter are received and submitted online.
This posting will remain open until filled.
Please ensure your resume and cover letter clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume. Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/7700
Education and Training