Position Title Contract Faculty - Accounting Posting Number 00502F Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 05/01/2023 End Date Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and equitable learning and working environment. In support of this journey, we welcome all people to apply, including people from groups that are experiencing inequity, including, but not limited, to Indigenous Peoples, racialized or persons of colour, persons with mental or physical disabilities, persons who identify as women, and/or persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, and persons of all faith identities, age, marital status, and parental status.
This faculty position will be available starting in the Summer 2023 semester. The candidate may be required to teach days, evenings, and/or Saturdays, at our New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration is seeking contract faculty members to teach in the Accounting Department commencing May 2023.Responsibilities
The successful candidate will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses. The selected individual will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners, maintain quality learner-centered instruction, and will perform other related duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need Required qualifications:
1. A Canadian CPA designation in good standing and a bachelor degree
2. Relevant senior level work experience in a business environment, minimum five years Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. A relevant masters degree and/or PhD
2. Experience delivering in face to face, blended learning and fully online
3. Be able to integrate topic specific data analytics into accounting courses General Qualifications:
1. A good working knowledge of computer applications and educational technologies
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in a team environment
3. Be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
4. Be qualified to teach introductory and intermediate level courses in financial accounting, managerial accounting, and, at least two
of the following:
- ACCT 2320 Introductory Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 3008 Accounting for Managers
- ACCT 3410 Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 3470 Income Tax II
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 03/31/2023 Close Date 04/17/2023 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume, cover letter and proof of credentials are submitted online.
Please ensure your cover letter and resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
All candidates selected for interview have to provide original sealed transcripts of the educational credentials noted on their resume.
Interviews will be conducted in person or online via Zoom Meetings.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/10580
Education and Training