Position Title Contract Faculty - Accounting Posting Number 00445F Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Contract Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Contract Employment Type Part-Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 09/01/2022 End Date Equity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
These contract faculty positions will be available starting in the fall 2022 semester. The candidate may be required to teach days, evenings, and/or Saturdays, at either or both of our New Westminster, Coquitlam campuses.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Faculty of Commerce and Business Administration is seeking a contract faculty member(s) to teach in the Accounting Department commencing September 2022.Responsibilities
The successful candidate will instruct students, facilitate learning and evaluate student progress in College courses. The selected individual will plan, organize and manage learning activities and resources, provide academic advice to learners, maintain quality learner-centered instruction, and will perform other related duties as required.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. A Canadian CPA designation in good standing and a bachelor degree
2. Relevant senior level work experience in a business environment, minimum five years Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. A relevant masters degree and/or PhD
2. Experience delivering in face to face, blended learning and fully online
3. Be able to integrate topic specific data analytics into accounting courses
1. A good working knowledge of computer applications and educational technologies
2. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with colleagues in a team environment
3. Be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
4. Be qualified to teach introductory level courses in financial accounting, managerial accounting, accounting software; and, at least three of the following courses/course pairs with a minimum of one course/course pair from each category:
- ACCT 3310/3410 Intermediate Financial Accounting I & II
- ACCT 4510 Advanced Financial Accounting
- ACCT 4750 Auditing
Category B: - ACCT 3420/4520 Intermediate & Advanced Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 3370/3470 Income Tax I & II
- ACCT 3880 Data Analytics for Managers
Link to Full Position Profile Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 06/22/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must ensure that a resume, cover letter and proof of credentials are submitted online.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
All candidates selected for interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/9337
Education and Training