About Canada Drives
Since 2010, Canada Drives® has been working to simplify the process of finding a vehicle for Canadians facing all types of financial circumstances.
We are a young, dynamic, and millennial-friendly company committed to developing leaders from within as we fine-tune an online service that satisfies over one million customers a year.
And we're getting noticed!
Canada Drives has repeatedly been named on Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 list of Canada's fastest-growing companies. And in 2019, we were recognized as one of Deloitte's Best Managed Companies!
As one of Canada's fastest-growing fintech companies, we offer a unique opportunity for ambitious candidates to step up and fast-track their career development!
About Your Role
Canada Drives has an immediate opening for an energetic, enthusiastic, and collaborative content writer and editor. This role requires exceptional writing and communication skills, with a thorough understanding of the writing style, message, and tone unique to the Canada Drives brand.
The writer/editor will work closely with the Content Manager, SEO Specialist, and Social Media Coordinator to put the content strategy into action.
- Write clear and engaging content for with an understanding of company goals, customer needs, and search engine supply & demand
- Implement purposeful edits & updates to enhance existing blog & web page content
- Ensure the highest standards of professionalism at all times with regards to readability, grammar, syntax, style, and tone
- Fact-check & proofread new blog content before uploading to the CMS
- Create content & sales copy that converts visitors and boosts brand authority.
- Contribute to Local SEO projects with valuable content updates and enhancements
- Collaborate with key team members to put the content strategy into action (Content Manager, SEO Specialist, Social Media Coordinator, Department Managers, and other stakeholders)
- Other writing tasks as needed, including social media, UX design, job applications, award submissions, and more...
What You'll Need to Succeed:
At least 2 years of professional writing experience. You understand how to engage an audience.
Good analytical skills. You possess a fundamental understanding of Google Analytics. You know how to learn from failures and build on successes.
SEO familiarity. You've had some experience with the tools of search engine optimization (i.e. keyword research, etc.)
You're a productivity maverick. You don't just talk about doing it, you get it done!
You know how to plan & prioritize. You understand the value each task delivers to the business and organize your schedule accordingly.
Exceptional communication skills. Whether talking or typing, you know how to deliver a powerful message.
Research skills. You only research the most credible sources and know how to quickly locate & distill the most useful/relevant information.
Self-motivated & results-driven attitude. You know how to motivate yourself with daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
High attention to detail. As far as you're concerned, typos are Public Enemy No 1.
A positive, can-do attitude. The only word missing from your vocabulary is "can't."
A mindset that embraces a fast pace of change. You know how to go with the flow in a fast-paced environment.
Professional-but-fun personality. You take your work seriously but you don't take yourself too seriously.
- MS Office (Word & Excel) & Google Docs skills.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, English or a related field preferred but not required.
- At least 1 year of experience writing/editing in the financial or automotive industry.
- At least 1 year of writing/editing experience with an emphasis on blogging
What We Offer:
- Compensation: Competitive base
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
- Company-paid monthly MSP premiums
- Company-paid Monthly Transit Pass (even if you live in the burbs!)
- A variety of food and snacks while you work (seriously, lots of options)
- A fulfilling, challenging adventure of a workplace located in the heart of beautiful downtown Vancouver! (We're located beside the Burrard Skytrain station)
Sales and Marketing