EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax, consulting and transaction services. We strive to help all our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. EY's Consulting Services is a $4+ billion global practice, with 18,000+ professionals. With an overall market of $150+ billion, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential. Our Consulting team takes a strategic approach to helping clients improve and sustain their business performance. In today's complex business environment, that means understanding the relationship between risk and performance improvement and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
Organizations are increasingly relying on Internal Audit (IA) to provide them with insights into diverse and emerging risks and create the foundation for trust. EY IA believes in technology-enabled IA transformation with equal focus on people, process and purpose.
We are a market leader in innovative and transformative internal audit (IA) and internal controls (IC) services that are tailored to respond to disruptive market forces and help companies translate uncertainty into confidence while accelerating performance. We currently are seeking a highly motivated Manager to join our Internal Audit
Practice (non-financial services) to support client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services and participate in business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Our Internal Audit team help clients address compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk. Risk professionals assist clients with testing internal controls, developing internal audit plans, and providing audit services on a co-sourcing or outsourcing basis. They assess the current state of an organization's internal control/Sarbanes-Oxley Act framework and help clients drive value and efficiency in their internal controls utilizing the latest technology and leading practices. Your key responsibilities
• You will be responsible for managing client engagement teams to plan, lead and perform internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) 404 procedures in accordance with the client's audit plan, risk management strategy and EY's internal audit and SOX 404 methodologies. You will work with high performing teams, clients and market leaders in banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance to establish audit objectives and scope of work; establish the engagement budget; and lead the overall execution of the audit project through wrap-up and final report delivery.
• Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge Skills and attributes for success
• On a typical day, you'll establish audit objectives, prepare an audit approach, perform analysis, prepare documentation, evaluate and test processes and related controls, as well as assist in the preparation of the final audit report. You can also expect to assist senior leaders in generating new business opportunities by participating in market facing activities and developing thought leadership materials. We'll look to you to actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to introduce EY services, fostering teamwork and innovation. To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
• Around 5 years of related work experience working with a public accounting firm, professional services firm, or within industry
• Around 3+ years of related audit experience
• Experience in innovating risk and compliance mandates
• We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of your assigned office location at least 50% of the time (when required), plus commute within the region.
• Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. Ideally, you'll also have
• A bachelor's or master's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related discipline
• Around 2+ years of public accounting experience
• CPA, CA, APRM, CIA, CFA, CISA certification is highly desired at the Manager level. If you are non-certified, you are required to become certified within one year from the date of hire.
• Second language skills and international business experience What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance