Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Vancouver Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Have many careers in one Firm.
Our long-established Sustainability practice is looking to continually grow, innovate, and offer quality and insights to our clients. We are looking for a Consultant/Senior Consultant who wants to be part of a successful business that is constantly setting new standards for distinction.What will your typical day look like?
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant and a member of our team, you will
• Work with our team to support our Sustainability practice with a specific focus on Sustainability / ESG services
• Support the delivery of successful client engagements, working in diverse projects with multi-disciplinary and integrated teams, at times remotely
• Support internal and external business development, the development of new service offerings and thought leadership initiatives
• Support client and key stakeholder's expectations to help build and foster long-term relationships
• Work in a collaborative and highly diverse team environment analyzing client issues and developing solutions
• Support the development and presentation of materials to clients and the broader marketplaceAbout the team
We are a highly connected global group of over 2000 practitioners across the world and are united by a unique objective throughout our practice: To make an impact that matters to our clients, people, and communities. Our Canadian practice brings people together through a truly National presence and has a diverse range of skills. You will have the opportunity to work on strategy, advisory, assurance, and management system projects in a broad array of sectors including retail and consumer business, energy and resources, financial services, and the public sector. Working with us means that you will be working with a leading sustainability practice in the country and globally.Enough about us, let's talk about you
We are looking for exceptional and articulate candidates with the following skills, qualifications, and experiences:
• 1-2 years of experience in climate change, sustainability, ESG related areas, which may include any of the following:
o Establishing sustainability strategies using leading frameworks such as GRI, SASB, SDG, TCFD, etc.
o Developing transformation and implementation plans
o Advising on reporting and disclosure of sustainability risk and performance in annual reports and / or sustainability reports
o Development and delivery of related awareness training in ESG
o Developing climate strategies including establishing targets, supporting business case and application of related carbon reduction frameworks / standards (SBTI, etc.)
• Undergraduate degree in related subject area such as engineering, sustainable business, sustainability, economics, business (combined with work experience); a complementary graduate degree (MBA, MSc, MA) is an asset
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills in English; French and Spanish an asset
• Advanced skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and data analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, GIS software) desired.
• A willingness to travel (20% of total time) within Canada, the United States and, on selected occasions, overseas, if requiredOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Management and Executive