At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity
Deal Advisory's Restructuring Turnaround group helps troubled companies navigate through periods of stress and distress. We provide financial advisory services to organization, boards of directors, creditors, and other stakeholders. We also offer our clients formal insolvency expertise, including acting as trustees under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and as a monitor under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act. Our professionals work to achieve the best possible outcomes for troubled companies and their stakeholders. By applying strategic business and financial expertise, we assist organizations in overcoming the changing business environments and many challenges they face.
As Senior Consultant, Restructuring Turnaround in Deal Advisory, you are a motivated, self-starter with interest and expertise in finance, strategy, research, and business operations centering on a deal environment. Our work environment is conducive to advancement for employees who perform. We reward exceptional people with responsibility, profile, and career progression.
For More Info Visit: Restructuring And Turnaround What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Support engagement teams of 2-3 people across several industries, gaining exposure to different situations businesses experience when faced with underperformance.
- Conduct financial analysis of companies, including reviewing operations and cash flows to identify reasons why companies are in financial distress and identify opportunities for companies to turnaround their operations.
- Develop complex financial models, including creating and updating 13-week cash flow models, three-way forecast models, and performing sensitivity/scenario analysis.
- Prepare independent business reviews of underperforming companies and assist in presenting findings to secured lenders and other stakeholders.
- Take possession and secure assets through bankruptcies and receiverships.
- Contribute to preparation and distribution of reports and presentations, along with meeting tight filing deadlines with the Superintendent of Bankruptcy and the Court
- Close communication with various stakeholders, including our clients, lenders, employees, and advisors to stakeholders. Advise such stakeholders with current insolvency laws.
- Contribute to proactive business development initiatives.
- Perform problem-solving and market research information.
Keys to your success
- A willingness to learn and the enthusiasm to provide your belief.
- A strategic problem-solving mindset, with the ability to take the initiative and think laterally to help our clients resolve complex business problems.
- Professional designation in Accounting, CPA/CA an asset.
- Ability to prepare detailed, functional financial models, including financial projections.
- Knowledge of the restructuring and insolvency industry. Consideration will be given to candidates with restructuring and insolvency experience, but it is not essential.
- Excellent technical, analytical and computer skills (particularly, modelling in Excel and report writing in PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under high pressure and against tight deadlines.
- Excellent business acumen and willingness to assist other deal advisory teams (e.g. Corporate Finance, Transaction Services) as business needs.
- Excellent consideration will be given to candidates registered to the Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP) Qualification Program, enrolled in CBV and/or CFA programs.
- Interest in registering for the CIRP qualification program.
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here . Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.