You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this.
Our Vancouver and Victoria team is looking for a highly motivated Cyber Security professional at a Consultant Senior Consultant level to join our team! As a member of our cross-functional Cyber team, you will be dedicated to enabling our clients' cyber transformation journey through service delivery leadership, advisory, and support.
A career within our Cyber Security practice will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients implement robust cybersecurity programs that protects against threats, propels digital and business transformation, and drives growth. As companies pivot toward a digital business model, exponentially more data is generated and shared among organizations, partners and customers. We play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they are protected by developing transformation strategies focused on security, efficiently integrate and manage new or existing technology systems to deliver continuous operational improvements and increase their cybersecurity investment, and detect, respond, and remediate threats.
KPMG's Cyber team has received tremendous investment and has been identified as a transformational part of the firm to deliver growth over the next five years. This is an excellent opportunity for those that are looking to stay ahead of the curve and work in a firm with unparalleled career progression opportunities.
At KPMG we continue to be a virtual first work environment; however, this role is required to be located in Vancouver or Victoria, BC. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so.
Find out more about KPMG Cyber Strategy & Governance and Transformation . What you will do
As a Consultant/ Senior Consultant, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in the full delivery of various cyber security transformation engagements serving multiple clients across different industries;
- Consult to gather requirements and understand our clients' key challenges and work with senior team members to advise/ propose practical and cost-effective solutions to remedy or solve our clients' cybersecurity challenges, and effectively manage risk across multiple layers of the technology architecture stack;
- Hands-on participation in the digital and technical aspects of a broad range of engagements including design and implementation of security strategies and solutions. Work alongside seasoned subject matter experts to build your knowledge and expertise;
- Coordinate expectations between internal team members and external stakeholders to contribute to the successful delivery of the project;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, existing clients, and prospective client organizations;
- Engage in and contribute to the innovation, growth and enhancement of KPMG Cyber services;
- Participate in relevant community events that align to personal interests and provide the opportunity for you to build your professional brand.
At times, business needs arise and team members are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role Requirements
Nice to Have:
- 1-5 years of experience identifying and managing technology challenges and risks, and executing risk mitigation plans and solutions;
- Experience in securing or administering IT infrastructure and systems, including operating systems, firewalls, network devices, databases, and applications etc.;
- Experience evaluating, administering or deploying technologies such as EDR, IDS/IPS, Directory Services, Identity & Access Management, or Application Firewalls;
- Knowledge or experience with native security tools for IaaS, PaaS, micro-severs, and serverless;
- Knowledge of security standards such as NIST CSF, ISO 27K, CIS, CSA, or SysTrust.
What makes you stand out:
- Working knowledge of various cloud services such as Azure, AWS, ServiceNow or Google Cloud Services, and/or technical cloud certifications such as Azure Fundamentals, Azure Security Engineer, AWS Technical Essentials or equivalent;
- Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), or equivalent;
- Understanding of the OSI model and networking protocols (example: TCP/IP);
- Experience with NIST CSF, ISO 27K, CIS, CSA, or SysTrust;
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- You are motivated and a self-s tarter that takes initiative and takes the time to understand what is expected of them. You can work independently with varying degrees of supervision and understand the level of communication required to keep your team and clients' informed, while asking for help when you need support;
- You are comfortable with dealing with and working through ambiguity, to scope and determine path to project outputs;
- You are a problem solving, solution-oriented person that applies and analytical mindset to your engagements and activities;
- You are a proficient communicator for your level of experience, both verbally and written, with the ability to deliver professional communications, presentations, reports and documentation. You are aware of your areas of improvement and open to mentorship and professional development;
- You have developed effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize and execute tasks when urgency is required. You are not afraid to put your hand up if you need support;
- Team-oriented and thrive in working within a collaborative environment.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance