Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
Your role as junior staff member at Deloitte:
- Understand our purpose and values; explore opportunities for impact
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to personal learning and development; act as a brand ambassador to help attract top-talent
- Understand expectations and demonstrate personal accountability for keeping performance on-track
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team, the business, and the firm
The Deloitte Risk Advisory practice in Vancouver team is focused on building our new and innovative assurance services, with a global application and we are looking for a Senior Consultant to join our dynamic team. While you will be primarily involved in execution of audits for public and private clients as part of the IT Assurance service offering, you will also be equally involved in the following:
- Service Organization Control (SOC) audits for technology and cloud-based companies;
- Advisory projects in the areas of controls for technology and cloud-based companies;
- Provide value-added and relevant analyses of an organization's internal control structure, performance, productivity, and efficiency; and
- National and global assurance innovation projects and proofs of concept.
As a Senior Consultant, you will:
- Lead IT Audits or other projects;
- Work in a collaborative team analyzing client issues and interviewing key personnel;
- Identify issues and define symptoms;
- Assist with the development of recommendations and presentations for client engagements; and
- Prioritize your objectives and contribute to project planning and status reporting.
External Posting Qualifications
- Between 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience
- University degree in a computer science, business or accounting discipline with outstanding grades attained and / or demonstrating willingness to pursue a professional designation (e.g. CISA, CISSP, CPA, CCSK or CIA)
- A strong IT background is preferred
- Experience with audits of publically listed companies, regulatory expectations and documentation requirements is a must
- A Big 4 or other firm experience is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to effectively work with others in teams
- Ability to synthesize information and produce concise synopses/summaries
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Multi-tasker and effective time management skills
- Willingness for some travel
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply
Manufacturing and Production