Environmental Resources Management
(ERM) is a leading global provider of environmental, health, safety, risk, and social consulting services. We are currently seeking an outstanding professional to join any one of our Canada offices
as an Assistant Project Manager, Environmental Assessment
. We are seeking an organized, hands-on professional with self-initiative, positive team attitude, attention to detail and technical quality who is interested in supporting Project Managers on a variety of projects.
The role requires experience in the mining or energy sector with some experience with environmental effects analysis, and an interest in applying knowledge and skills to solve complex challenges. The successful candidate will be a member of a larger project management team, will interact with a multidisciplinary team and will become a member of an extensive team of global environmental and social experts.
This posting is designed for a motivated, career-minded person who enjoys problem solving and working within a multi-stakeholder environment, and would like to pursue a project management career path.Responsibilities
- Provide high-quality project support while successfully juggling multiple deadline-driven tasks.
- Communicate and follow up with clients regarding specific projects and their goals.
- Support the management of projects from the proposal phase to report completion, including coordination of multidisciplinary teams to deliver on project deliverables.
- Financial tracking of project budgets.
- Creation and maintenance of project schedules.
- Support preparation of proposals.
- Work with multiple projects within client's scope/budget/schedule expectations.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
- Coordinate with subcontractors.
- Coordinate field schedules/logistics.
- Ensure proper health and safety planning and execution of work in a safe manner.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- Bachelor degree in Sciences, Environmental Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of consulting experience.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative when required.
- Excellent communication, accounting and organization skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially excel and various project management approaches.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision in a deadline driven environment.
Who We Are:
- Microsoft Project or Primavera P6 experience
- Experience with Smartsheet
- Experience collecting field data for environmental disciplines such as wildlife, terrestrial ecology, soils, wetland and aquatic biology, or hydrology.
- Bilingual in English and French/Spanish
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter. Based on review of these responses, shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
ERMwelcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!
If you are looking for new challenges and desire to be part of a leading company and work with specialized professionals with international standards, this will be your opportunity.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Customer Service and Support