You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better cyber security professional, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity Do you want to be part of a dynamic team? You can make an impact by joining KPMG's Advisory Practice.
The KPMG Digital Risk & Cyber Security practice is looking for a motivated Consultant to join our growing Cyber Security team in Vancouver or Victoria. We are looking for a results driven technical security advisor that:
- Is a technology enthusiast that loves to explore and thrives on challenges;
- Enjoys working on side projects in their personal lab;
- Knows enough about technology to be dangerous 😉 , but is responsible enough to do no harm;
- Knows what DEFCON is;
- Likes people.
If this sounds like you then perhaps you would enjoy a career at KPMG in Cyber Security. We would like to hear from you.
At KPMG we continue to be a virtual first work environment; however, this role is required to be located in Vancouver or Victoria, BC. The team looks forward to representing KPMG and growing our practice locally through industry events and client meetings when safe to do so. What you will do
KPMG's Advisory professionals provide a range of services to support our clients' growth, governance, and performance objectives. As a Consultant
within Advisory, our Risk Consulting (RC) Advisory
professionals help our clients to optimize their response and resilience to expected and unexpected changes, events, and requirements, whether internally generated or externally imposed. Y ou'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience supporting our technical engagement team on a variety of engagements, while learning from some of the best in the cyber security field.
Our IT Advisory Group
are business focused advisors who work to understand our clients' business challenges and to develop and execute approaches to address these challenges. Our value is in applying and integrating our wide range of technology, business, and risk management expertise to specific business and management problems. We provide clients with a range of IT Advisory services focused on driving business performance and managing business risks.
Find out more about KPMG Cyber Strategy & Governance , Transformation , Response & Defence . What you bring to the role
We will look to you to bring a blend of knowledge, training, and experience, including: Technical Skills:
- Understanding of network protocols (esp. TCP/IP, wireless), Operating Systems (Windows, Unix Command line, etc), Active Directory/ Azure, Security tools (incl. Firewalls, WAFs, Anti Virus, SIEM, IDS, etc);
- Understanding of web and mobile application technologies and development;
- Understanding of Malware, IDS solutions, and digital forensics;
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of ethical hacking, industry security frameworks, and security best practices;
- 1 - 3 years' experience working as a consultant or in industry (IT Operations) is considered an asset, but not required.
- Strong writing skills, communication skills;
- Well spoken, enjoys presenting;
- Able to manage time well, prioritize multiple projects at the same time;
- Self-directed, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong people skills, and the ability to connect and communicate effectively with highly technical and completely non-technical business users alike.
- Willingness and ability to travel when safe to do so;
- Ability to fulfill regular on-call responsibilities, as part of a team, for urgent activities;
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science (or similar field);
- Certifications like SANS, OSCP, MCSE, CISSP etc. are considered an asset, but not required.
At times, urgent business needs arise, in response to emerging incidents, and team members are required to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. Don't Check all the Boxes?
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified candidates. The above is a description of the ideal blend of knowledge and skills. If you meet most, but not all of the requirements and are a growth-focused professional who isn't standing still when it comes to learning, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't check all the boxes. Life at KPMG:
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers per Maclean's magazine;
- One of Canada's Best Diversity Employers;
- One of the Top 35 Employers for New Canadians;
- One of Canada's Greenest Employers, per Maclean's magazine.
KPMG offers a variety of comprehensive benefit packages in order to meet the diverse needs of our members at varying stages of their lives. Some highlights include:
Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
- Various programs to help you take care of you, so you can take care of business. These programs are dedicated to helping you improve the balance in your life;
- A strong culture of acknowledging performance;
- We are committed to the individual growth of our members and provide support through training, semi-annual performance reviews, and other development programs.
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.