FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY
CONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER
Parastone Developments, Fernie, British Columbia
The Parastone team of companies has been providing landmark construction and development services in the beautiful East Kootenay region of British Columbia for the past twenty years. Parastone is seeking an experienced Construction Project Manager who will lead the construction of a 22 unit apartment complex in Elkford, BC. This opportunity will offer the candidate the opportunity to work and deliver the first accessible affordable housing project in Elkford designed to meet the needs of the senior population. The Project Manager will report to the General Manager and the Senior Management Team.
- Develop, monitor and control the scope of deliverables, work plans, schedules and budgets in conjunction with the lead architect
- Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project including responsibility for overall adherence to site safety policies and procedures
- Analyze project drawings, specifications and permits to determine scope and schedule requirements necessary for a successful completion
- Manage the procurement process to ensure subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards are administered in accordance with company policy
- Work on site daily to ensure schedule, budget, and quality
- Oversee Site superintendents
- Work with accounting department to issue subcontractor and supplier purchase orders, prepare and issue monthly invoices and schedule updates..
- Review and source possible cost savings.
- Obtain product and material related documentation for customer
- Attend weekly/biweekly project meetings with the customer and the engineer. Manage all action items that arise in these meetings.
- Create a bi-weekly action item report outlining areas of the project that are behind schedule and create an action plan to help the team gets the project back on schedule or ahead of schedule.
- Identify all long lead time order items and work with purchasing to get these items ordered as soon as possible in the project.
- Review general site conditions for safety and cleanliness etc.
- Review and approve supplier invoices.
- Ensure expenses are properly allocated.
- Document and record extras and change orders etc.
- Obtain written approval of all change orders and extras etc.
- Issue and review completion notices and deficiency reports.
- Ensure the completion of deficiency items.
- Schedule closeout meetings with customers or consultants to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Cost reporting and financial projections for construction
- Prepare subcontracts and material purchase orders
- Coordinate and obtain occupancy and substantial completion certificates
- Responsible for administrating and processing post – construction issues to ensure conformance to maintenance and warranty provisions of the contract
- Access to a vehicle and BC driver’s license
- Exceptional communication, management, customer service, problem-solving, and organizational skills with a strong focus on safety
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Construction Project Manager in Multi-Family projects
- Experience managing and delivering construction contracts
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook)
- A track record of meeting deadlines and budgets
- Excellent eye for finish detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Gold Seal Certification or related qualifications would be considered an asset
This position requires completion of a confidentiality agreement and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada (be Canadian citizens, permanent resident status or current work permits). We are accepting applications for this opportunity until 4:00pm, Friday, February 5, 2021.
Please submit your application in confidence to Lynn Loken via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction, Mining and Trades