Position Title Computer Technician Service Desk Posting Number 01102SA Location New Westminster Campus Grade or Pay Level S - Pay Level 13 + Market Adjustment Salary Range $52,784 annually (with wage increments to a max of $58,551 annually) + special allowance of $2,000 per annum. Salary and wage increments are in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Position Type Support Staff - Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Staff Start Date 05/24/2021 End Date Day of the Week Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays Shift Tue-Thur 10am - 6pm, Fri 9am - 5pm, Sat 8am-4pm Work Arrangements
This regular, full-time (35 hours per week) position is available as of May 24, 2021. The anticipated hours of work are Tue-Thur 10am - 6pm, Fri 9am - 5pm, Sat 8am-4pm. No modified/flexible schedule available.
The work hours and schedule may change based on operational requirements. Occasional travel between campuses may be required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
Computer Technician Service Desk provides first level support to all users of college computer systems, telephones, networks and educational technology installations, including hardware and software. Provides exceptional client-centered service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups. Maintains an effective and efficient Service Desk facility and ensures that technology service issues are dealt with in a timely and constructive manner.Responsibilities
1. Provides first level technical and user support via telephone, email and other online-based or remote control tools.
a. responds to and resolves incoming service/trouble calls;
b. determines clients' level of expertise and the level of difficulty within the problem being reported;
c. records, updates, prioritizes and assigns service calls to the appropriate CEIT personnel;
d. maintains and updates the service/work order database and produces reports as directed;
e. collects and analyzes service-related data; identifies service request patterns for evaluation to remedy repetitious problems;
f. identifies calls that can be handled by the service call tracking system and calls which may require policy decisions or management action.
2. Provides technical and administrative support functions related to Service Desk and other computing functions.
a. creates and maintains Service Desk procedures manuals, decision-making sheets and flow charts; updates knowledge base as directed;
b. monitors the need for instructional materials, informational publications and computer or educational technology training for college employees;
b. assists in creating primary documentation and handout materials for users;
d. provides technical documentation internally for the department as required.
3. Performs other related duties.
a. maintains and upgrades technical currency by attending courses and training activities;
b. assists in the planning and development of improved service;
c. assists in the development and implements procedures and documentation;
d. performs special projects requiring creative, reliable solutions as directed;
e. continually develops and expands the capabilities to resolve increasingly complex problems.
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. Good working knowledge of the English language together with excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Completed a Diploma program in computer studies at a recognized post-secondary institution; plus one year related work experience which will include a minimum of 6 months direct work experience providing effective telephone support in a Help Desk environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
3. Excellent knowledge of College-supported standard computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and other supported applications together with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to:
- physically lift and carry various computer related equipment,
- work with a minimum of supervision, as well as being able to establish priorities and achieve deadlines,
- effectively train users on computer-related equipment,
- develop and implement procedures and documentation,
- work with considerable independence of action together with excellent organizational skills.
5. Maintain an ongoing technical knowledge of micro computer related equipment including proficiency in the use of current desktop and network applications as used by the College.
6. Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills including a demonstrated ability to develop, establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, faculty and staff.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 05/03/2021 Close Date 05/10/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. ALL INTERNAL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY May 10, 2021.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for an interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resumes.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/7390
Administrative Operations and Logistics