Position Title Computer Technician Posting Number 01327SA Location New Westminster/Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level S - Pay Level 13 + Market Adjustment Salary Range $53,840 annually (with wage increments to a max of $59,722annually). Salary and wage increments are in accordance with the Collective Agreement. Position Type Support Staff - Regular Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full-Time Posting Category Staff Start Date 12/14/2021 End Date Day of the Week Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays Shift 8AM - 4PM Work Arrangements
This regular, full-time position is available starting December 14, 2021. Regular hours of work are Tuesday-Friday at the New Westminster Campus, 8am - 4pm, and Saturday at the Coquitlam Campus, 8am - 4pm. Shift days and times may change depending on the department's operational needs. Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required.
The position is located at the New Westminster and Coquitlam campuses; occasional travel between campuses may be required.
What Douglas Offers
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better.
The Computer Technician provides effective second level user and technical support for instructional and personal computing in computing labs, classrooms, workrooms and to individual users. Provides exceptional client-centered service on a consistent basis to all users and stakeholder groups.Responsibilities
1. Provides advanced user support.
a. Provides in-person, telephone, and on-line support for students and employees using college's instructional, personal and mobile computing devices and related equipment;
b. provides operational user support for critical college-wide systems including Wi-Fi, network connectivity and variety of enterprise software applications;
c. maintains strong customer relationships and high level of customer satisfaction;
2. Provides support for end user hardware and software.
a. installs, configures, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, and replaces AV equipment, computer hardware and related peripherals, printers, scanners, operating systems, applications, multi-function devices, telephony, and mobile devices within the network environment;
b. performs upgrades and re-configurations under a variety of time constraints;
c. supports installation and maintenance of specialized adaptive technologies;
d. maintains inventory of applicable hardware and software;
e. lifts and relocates a variety of computer equipment;
f. maintains order in storage rooms;
g. researches, evaluates and tests personal computing hardware and software as required and makes appropriate recommendations;
h. works with vendors for warranty service and additional technical support;
3. Provides System and Network Administration and technical support for selected campus wide and departmental systems, end-user hardware, software, operating systems, and network objects using variety of management software tools.
a. installs, configures, maintains and trouble-shoots all college standard and CEIT -approved non-standard software including previous and current versions;
b. designs, develops, implements and maintains software configurations for computing labs, workrooms, classrooms and user devices in both physical and virtual environments, using a variety of tools and within frequently and rapidly changing environment;
c. performs a variety of tasks related to the organization, configuration and maintenance of user, computer, and printer network objects;
d. maintains security services (physical and logical) on instructional and personal computing devices and related equipment;
e. articulates issues related to the availability and performance of network resources , services and servers;
4. Performs other related duties.
a. provides coverage for the first level Help Desk technicians as needed;
b. collaborates consistently with members of other teams on operational issues and projects;
c. creates technical documentation for departmental knowledge base;
d. maintains currency in relevant technical knowledge, standards, and practices by attending training courses and professional development activities;
e. provides input into the development and improvement of departmental services;
To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need
1. Good working knowledge of the English language (written and verbal).
2. Completion of a Diploma program in computer studies from a recognized post-secondary institution supplemented by six months of related work experience in data communication and computer services in a networked environment, including the provision of user support (in person, telephone and email), or equivalent combination of training, education and work experience.
3. Good technical knowledge of and proficiency in the use of personal computing hardware and software.
4. Completion of the ITIL Foundations certificate or equivalent combination of training and work experience applying best practices in an IT service and support delivery environment.
5. Working knowledge of installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware and software of end-user systems, peripherals and personal computing devices, including the use of relevant software tools.
6. Ability to perform basic system administration and management tasks of end-user systems, peripherals, user accounts and personal computing devices.
7. Ability to collaborate with peers and coworkers inside and outside of the department.
8. Demonstrated ability to physically lift and carry various computer related equipment, to work independently, and to be able to establish priorities and achieve deadlines.
10. Demonstrated ability to effectively guide and train users in the use of computer equipment.
11. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with users including students, staff, faculty and administrators.
Link to Full Position Profile Diversity Statement
Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Needs a Criminal Records Check No
Open Date 11/25/2021 Close Date 12/01/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant
Interested applicants must submit their application and all required documents online. Qualified internal applicants shall be given first consideration in filling this position. All internal applications must be received by December 1, 2021.
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying. All candidates selected for interview will need to bring original certificates and diplomas of educational credentials noted on their resume.
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/8473
Operations and Logistics