You are an experienced Compliance Coordinator, who will perform monitoring and reporting duties associated with the Environmental Management Plan for the assigned project. The work will include working with one or more teams tasked to install environmental controls and mitigation measures to safeguard water, air, and soil quality and protection of wildlife and habitat potentially affected by construction activities. This role is also responsible for all aspects regarding the safeguarding of the environment in the day to day operations of the project. You are a problem solver and continuously look for innovative solutions that can be utilized on projects.
Come join our True Blue team in Burnaby today!
• Establish control measures that may impact air quality, land management, site inspection, waste management, water quality and wildlife management and all environmental matters and related issues in support of the project
• Develop, administer, and maintain waste management plan (including hazardous wastes) for construction site including waste manifests, cradle to grave tracking, and overall plan administration in compliance with client expectations and applicable federal, provincial, and local regulations
• Prepare environmental progress reports, erosion and sedimentation control plans, and other environmental documentation
• Responsible for field supervision of Environmental Monitors and skilled labor team to ensure sediment and erosion control measures are appropriately executed
• Perform Environmental Hazard Assessments and develop Safe Work Practices and Best Management Practices when required by project team or client
• Maintain a full understanding of the environmental requirements, including necessary permits and authorizations, Best Management Practices, and the requirements of the Environmental Management Plan and Environmental Work Plans are in place. Work with operations management and staff to ensure compliance with these plans
• Work with clients, subcontractors, regulatory bodies, First Nations and special interest groups
• Post-Secondary education in one of the Earth Sciences disciplines (i.e. Biology, Geography, Forestry, Agriculture) or Diploma in Environmental Technology
• 3-5 years of combined education and experience in the delivery/management of an environmental compliance program
• Experience in the construction industry will be an asset
• Background in developing, monitoring and auditing environmental practices and performance
• Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental and waste legislation, standards, and effective industry practices
• Extensive knowledge of construction site erosion and sedimentation controls and BMP's
Additional Information: Company Description
• Site based 10 hours per day
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America's most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Date Posted
Oct 1, 2020
8051 Enterprise Street, Burnaby, BC, Canada