Our client is a large, successful, values-based, and well-established Canadian company. They have a consulting opportunity for a compensation analyst (or HR advisor with compensation analysis knowledge) who will lead a major salary survey project. WORK REMOTELY FROM ANYWHERE in CANADA.
Who- the Company:
Our client is a reputable and well-managed technology company with close to 1000 employees. It is a company that promotes an innovative, passionate, and values-based work culture, as well as good work-life balance.
What- the Role:
Our client is looking for a Compensation Analyst for a contract with a term of 4-6 months and opportunity to extend based on work need and performance. Full-time hours are preferred, although a consultant who wants to work on a reduced schedule may also be considered! The Compensation Analyst will be working on a high-profile salary survey project, including survey development. This will involve research, data collection and analysis, preparing reports, and a great deal of interaction with employees and colleagues across the country. The employee population to be survey is diverse and mostly salaried. Most of the analysis will be done in Excel and Tableau and a top-tier HRIS as well as other tools and resources.
Who- the Candidate:
We are looking for a self-motivated and autonomous Compensation Analyst with at least 2 years’ relevant and recent experience and good Excel-based analytical skills. Experience conducting compensation analysis for a diverse employee population of 1000+ is preferred. Ideally candidates will have undertaken analysis of compensation for entry-level employees right on up to senior executives, in all corporate functions. In addition to excellent technical and analytical skills, we are seeking individuals who are down-to-earth, humble, assertive, knowledgeable, helpful, reliable, and curious. Great communication skills are crucial, as is a self-motivated work style and a team-player attitude. Our client is a very values-based company that seeks out employees who embody their principles of honesty, inclusivity, compassion, collaboration, commitment, and customer service.
What- the Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or completion of a Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources, working towards a CHRP a definite asset
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with working knowledge of salary administration and job evaluation processes.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office suite of products (especially Excel), and aptitude for learning and using technology to build business solutions
- Ability to use Tableau desired, a willingness to learn required
- Solid written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate moderately complex ideas and concepts clearly and concisely
- Ability and comfort in presenting findings and interacting with clients
- Ability to change gears quickly and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Collaborative team player with strong client service orientation.
Competitive hourly consulting rate commensurate with the hired consultant’s experience, skills, and qualifications. Please discuss further with Swim— we know you’ll be happy to talk about compensation!
Working Monday to Friday remotely from anywhere across Canada. Ideally the consultant will work full-time hours, but a reduced work schedule may also be considered for the right person.
When & How to Apply:
If you are qualified for, and interested in, this Compensation Analyst opportunity, please let Swim Recruiting know as soon as possible as this search is moving very quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out directly. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' to send us your resume. Thank you!