The Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a leading employer in BC’s social services sector. With over 50 community-based programs and services for children, youths, and adults in Vancouver and Richmond, we offer superior programs and services to enable people with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential.
JOB TITLE: COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER | #1366
SERVICE AREA: Vocational & Community Services
START DATE: May 10, 2021
TERM/STATUS: Permanent Full Time
SCHEDULE/HRS: Monday to Friday 7:30-15:00 // 37.5 hours per week
HOURLY WAGE: $23.90 as per collective agreement
The Community Support Worker (CSW) assists adult clients with their physical, vocational, recreational, social, emotional, and daily life skill development. The CSW supports clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life as possible.
Education & Experience:
• Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
• 1-2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities in vocational & community settings.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
• Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 40lbs & be willing to go in chlorinated swimming pools.
• Experience with principles of positive behaviour management is preferred.
Standard requirements of the Community Support Worker include:
• Criminal Record Clearance
• Medical Clearance
• Satisfactory Driver’s Abstract
• Class 5 Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a Unrestricted Class 4 Driver’s License
• Valid First Aid/CPR
• Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
• Demonstrated competency in English written and verbal communication
• Basic computer literacy
• Eligible to work in Canada
• Position involves assisting clients with personal care needs
Training is provided for: Client personal care & Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A fully employer-paid, comprehensive health and welfare benefits plan
• Municipal Pension Plan
• Educational and training opportunities
*This position is open to male and female applicants.
*This position requires Union membership.
For more information, please visit our website at www.develop.bc.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
#39 - BrainStation - Take Risks, Learn More & Stress Less
About Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA)
Developmental Disabilities Association (DDA) is a non-profit association which supports children and adults with developmental disabilities, enabling them to realize their full potential through ne...Read More