Under the direction of the Speech Program Lead, the position functions as Clinicians responsible for the delivery of speech and language services to the population that the incumbent serves. Responsibilities include providing clinical speech language services to the birth to Kindergarten entry population group (with limited services to adults), as well as consultative and educational services to educators, professionals and the community. Qualifications
- Master's degree in Speech Pathology from a recognized university program.
- Must be licensed to practice by the College of Speech & Hearing Health Professionals of B.C.
- One (1) year clinically related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current valid Class 5 B.C. driver's license required and access to personal vehicle for business related purposes.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to apply knowledge of all levels of the theoretical and practical clinical pediatric speech language pathology.
- Ability to create, support and monitor home speech and language programs.
- Ability to practice within a family focused service model.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently.
- Ability to operate related equipment such as computerized software technology within a Windows operating environment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
View Smithers Community