COMMUNITY SERVICES COORDINATOR (4 positions)
PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION (37.5 hours per week)
LOCATION: MNBC Regional Offices (1 position per office location in Nanaimo, Cranbrook, Prince George, and Terrace)
CLOSES: Posting will remain open until filled and will close without notice
ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self- governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking four (4) highly motivated, team-orientated individuals to join our Ministry of Citizenship and Community Services team as a Community Services Coordinator.
Reporting to the Community Services and Recruitment Manager, the role's primary objective is to administer third-party funding to MNBC Chartered Communities that is used to connect Métis Citizens and people to culture, programs, and services. This position also assists in recruitment fulfilment across British Columbia and supports other MNBC programs, special events, and services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administer third-party funding to MNBC Chartered Communities across the province.
• Conduct needs and capacity assessment for MNBC Chartered Communities and its members for the purpose of guiding MNBC program creations and deliveries.
• Assist and promote MNBC programs to MNBC Chartered Communities and its members.
• Support member and citizen applications for MNBC Programs.
• Support and mentor communities in completing applications and submitting reports.
• Plan and manage in-person intake sessions throughout the region to recruit new MNBC citizens.
• Disseminate information about upcoming community events to Senior Directors and Managers.
• Increase capacity of MNBC Chartered Communities by researching and sourcing information related to funding opportunities.
• Update all Community contact information regularly, including changes in leadership and community boards and circulate information relating to Annual General Meetings.
• Assist communities in successfully spending their funding, including creating resources and unique ideas to deliver programs and services to Métis community members.
• Create reports for the MNBC leadership team and complete reporting for funders.
• Host and facilitate virtual or in-person community engagement sessions to share information, inform about new opportunities, create best practices, and celebrate community successes.
• Assist Métis Chartered Communities and work in partnership with MNBC legal counsel to file annual reports and keep updated records and information in accordance with the BC Societies Act.
• Prepare a variety of progress and success reports for the Community Services and Recruitment Manager.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in Communications, Business Management, Public or Community Relations, Event Planning, Volunteer Management, or related field
• Minimum of two (2) years' recent experience in program coordination or related role
• A combination of relevant experience, education, and training will be considered.
• Knowledge and/or awareness of the historical and contemporary contributions made by Métis people in B.C.
• Experience with writing complex funding proposals and grants
• Knowledge of community organizations and resources
• Ability to plan and deliver in-person and virtual community events, an asset.
• Previous experience working in an Indigenous Community, building positive and mutually beneficial relationships, an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
• Ability to lead, problem solve, and utilize team building skills.
• Proven ability to utilize strong interpersonal skills to deal with others effectively.
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Office 365 and other database/software required by the role.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC
• There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of the normal business hours.
• Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
• Valid BC Class 5 Driver's license and access to reliable personal vehicle for work purposes
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self- identify as Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY BY Using “Community Services Coordinator” followed by preferred location in the subject line of your email (ex. Community Services Coordinator – Nanaimo). Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Dennis Juarez, Community Services and Recruitment Manager
Métis Nation British Columbia
#50 - GeoComply - Finding Success from the Ground Up
About Metis Nation B.C.
The Métis Provincial Council of British Columbia was first incorporated under the Society’s Act on October 23, 1996. In 2003 the Métis leadership ratified the "Métis Nation Brit...Read More