In accordance with established vision and values of the organization and under the clinical direction of the Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist, the Community Rehabilitation Assistant functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team in meeting the needs of the client. The Community Rehabilitation Assistant carries out rehabilitative treatment plans and programs, and assists the Therapist in monitoring and evaluating client's progression. The Community Rehabilitation Assistant assists clients/patients or residents with activities of daily living, and implements group and individual programs in clients' homes and other community/facility sites. Qualifications
Graduate of a recognized Rehabilitation Assistant Program.
Plus one year's recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Current valid BC Driver's License.Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing, and to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work independently and with other members of the health care team, clients and their families.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to perform tasks delegated by a Physiotherapist or Occupational Therapist or tasks within established programs that encourage client independence, optimize function and improve quality of life.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to instruct.
- Home management skills.
- Knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation principles.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment including software applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position including walking, stooping, bending, transferring clients.
View Vanderhoof Community