Community Planner (Replacement Temporary Full Time - Approximately 18 months)
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community.
The West Vancouver Planning and Development Services department is seeking a Community Planner to join our team of highly motivated professionals. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Community Planning & Sustainability, this position is responsible for:
- Providing professional planning expertise on diverse projects in the development and achievement of community goals
- Managing various community planning initiatives and files
- Undertaking technical and policy analysis for a broad range of topics and producing comprehensive reports and recommendations for Council
- Preparing land use policy at a variety of scales, ranging from particular community planning issues to neighbourhood, town / village centre, and District-wide plans
- Devising and facilitating public engagement processes and events for community planning projects
- Developing and delivering effective public presentations to Council, the community and other stakeholders
The preferred candidate will possess: the ability to effectively manage work plans and projects to successful completion; sound knowledge of the principles, practices and laws relating to community planning including current literature, trends and issues; excellent written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse interest groups.
The successful candidate has completed a degree in community planning or related field, preferably at the Master's level, plus several years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Eligibility for full membership in the Planning Institute of British Columbia, a valid BC Driver's Licence and vehicle are required
The successful candidate will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials. The successful candidate is also required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire. Position Status:
Exempt - Replacement Temporary Full-TimeHours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)Closing Date: 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 12, 2022To Apply:
Please visit the District of West Vancouver's Career Centre at westvancouver.ca/careers
to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.