Community Manager- Staples Studio
Reference ID: 1087073
As the Community Curator you are responsible for managing the physical space and operations of a interactive co-working space. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Growth, Co- working, this role is responsible for creating and developing a member community that supports the growth and development of our membership base. As the Community Curator, this role is responsible for planning and cultivating community events that are interactive and reflect the unique needs of our membership base. In addition, this role will drive the membership and retention and is responsible for the overall sales and operations of their location(s).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Engage with members to understand their interests, business and goals and provide unique programs to support their growth.
• Provide an exemplary customer service and hospitality to create a strong member experience.
• Curate and execute ongoing member experiences in the form of learning seminars, networking, lunch and learns and other events that connect to the location.
• Maintain a positive interaction with members at all times and collects ongoing feedback to drive improvement in the member and space experience.
• Analyze, develop and implement a plan to create connections between members through social and professional connections and activities.
• Recommend to national teams and the Director best practices and opportunities for community growth and optimization.
Membership & Sales Development: 35%
• Conduct tour and onboard new members to the space and the community, ensure proper onboarding and space loading for a quality experience.
• Work towards 100% occupancy with a high member retention rate. Create and execute development plans to successfully meet targets.
• Connect members to relevant services within Staples Canada and reevaluate member needs on an annual basis.
• Create and execute a membership drive strategy to attract and retain new members.
• Support and make recommendations on guidelines and best practices to optimize member experience.
• Put the central needs of the community first by exercising discretion, and possible gatekeeping when a business may not be in the best interest of the wider community.
• Partner with local Staples Retail operations on business development opportunities, networking and cross channel sales.
• Ultimately responsible for the building operations and member experience at assigned locations.
• Provide analytics and reporting to the Director on ongoing sales, profitability and forecasting.
• Resolve any member issues/concerns that arise through a natural and supportive manner that respects all members
• Support the management and maintenance of the facility, including but not limited to light cleaning, maintenance and upkeep of common areas.
• Responsible for the health and safety of our members including health and safety onboarding and ongoing emergency plan training.
• Conduct opening and closing duties, ensure inventory levels are met and ensure all fees are paid accordingly.
• Provides support and coverage to other locations as required.
• Provide meeting room and event set up including room set up, systems and technology set up and any necessary applications.
• Support events and meetings by coordinating catering, room booking, equipment rentals and ad-hock requests as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Office, Store & co-working environment
• Requires a flexible schedule to support the needs and events of the community
Knowledge / Skill Requirements:
• Demonstrated ability to deliver a high level of customer service and outstanding experiences.
• Ability to operate independently and take on additional tasks and additional projects as required.
• Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills (phone, email, presentation etc.)
• Ability to understand the importance of community and be able to build relationships and foster connections with others.
• Must be comfortable with technology and be able to provide simple solutions as required.
• Sound decision making and general operations knowledge.
• 4-6 years of progressive experience in hospitality, retail, co-working or sales environment
•n2 years of supervisory/management experience
• Completion of University degree or equivalent experience
• Number of Direct reports with team of less than 3 associates:
• Number of Direct reports with team of 3 or more associates:
• Total reports (direct or indirect):
Please note: Candidates who apply to this position must consent to a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Posted: May 19, 2019
Closes: July 18, 2019