Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want a career with an organization that is one of the best places to work in British Columbia? Helping people stay in the home they love is Northern Health's commitment; make it yours as well.
In accordance with the established vision, values, and strategic direction of the organization, the Community Health Worker II, as part of an interprofessional health care team, and under the direction of the Team Lead or designated clinical leader, provides home support services to clients in accordance with a pre-established care plan. Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence. Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed. A key component of this job is to ensure the well-being of individuals and families and to promote independent living while in the community.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings - 07:30 to 16:00, 13:00 to 21:30, rotating The Hazeltons
(Hazelton, New Hazelton and South Hazelton) are nestled within the spectacularly rugged Roche de Boule Mountain Range in Northern British Columbia with a population of 827 (2021). Hazelton, also known as Old Hazelton, is on the banks of the Skeena River near the world-famous 'Ksan Historical Village and museum. Check out The Hazeltons , known as the historic heartland of northwest BC.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program
• Registration with the BC Care Aid & Community Health Worker Registry.
• Valid Class 5 BC Drivers' License.
• Certificates in CPR, First Aid and Food Safe.
• Use of personal vehicle.
• Or equivalent combination of current education, training, and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, family, and care team.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Home management skills.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Community and Social Services Health Care