** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want a career with an organization that is one of the best places to work in British Columbia? Helping people stay in the home they love is Northern Health's commitment; make it yours as well.
As part of a multidisciplinary health care team, the Community Health Care Worker (CHW) 1 provides various housekeeping duties, meal planning and preparation, and the promotion of a safe and healthy working environment. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
08:00 to 16:30, rotating Burns Lake
has a population of 1,779 (2021) local residents and serves the surrounding areas of the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako estimating a population of 7,000. Wilderness and some of BC's largest freshwater lakes where sport fishing is a popular activity for both locals and tourists surround Burns Lake. Check out Burns Lake for more information on this family friendly community.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Three weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Grade 12
• Class V BC Driver's License with access to vehicle for local area travel with appropriate insurance
• Food Safe
• Recent, related experience of three (3) months
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Or other qualifications determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.Skills and Abilities:
• Home Management Skills
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to operate related equipment and technology.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize and prioritize.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients. Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Community and Social Services Health Care