Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to work for one of British Columbia's top employers? If you have answered yes to these questions we want you to continue reading!
Fraser Health is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are located in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley, one of the most livable regions in the world, and one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 1.8 million people, we serve 1/3 of BC's entire population and have 33,000 dedicated professionals in our 12 hospitals and other facilities that expand from Burnaby to Hope.
We have exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join Home Health - Burnaby as a Community Health Worker.BUILD ON YOUR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE AS YOU:
- Assist clients and families in establishing and maintaining self-sufficiency and independence by following an established care plan.
- Provide personal care such as bathing, skin care, grooming, oral hygiene and mobilization.
- Perform delegated tasks for which transfer of function training has been completed such as catheter care or implementing established exercise routines.
- Work as a team member with professional staff; reports any unsafe conditions and/or changes in a client's condition/behaviour and/or living arrangements to appropriate staff.
- Demonstrate methods and provides basic information to clients in relation to personal care, housekeeping and home management activities, in accordance with established care plans.
- Complete and maintains related records and documentation, as per established policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Observe the behaviour, appearance and condition of family members and/or other individuals who maintain safe and supportive care of those clients in their own home.
- Report changes in the support system to the appropriate professional.TO JOIN THE ORGANIZATION WE REQUIRE YOU TO HAVE:
- Grade 12, plus a Home Support/Resident Care Aide certificate
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, here are more reasons why you should apply:
- A career that offers you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are excellent in their respective fields.
- Fantastic opportunities for support and mentorship into supervisory and management roles are available as you advance within the organization.
- An opportunity to make a difference every single day in the world of health care.Take the next step and apply so we can continue the conversation!
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.
We recommend you like us on Facebook (@fraserhealthcareers), follow us on Twitter & Instagram (@FHCareer), or connect with us on LinkedIn (fraserhealthcareers) for first-hand employee insights.