Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want a career with an organization that is one of the best places to work in British Columbia? Helping people stay in the home they love is Northern Health's commitment; make it yours as well.
Under the direction of the Field Supervisor/Coordinator, and clinical direction of the RN Field Supervisor or Clinical Leader, provides home support services to clients in accordance with a pre-established care plan. Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence. Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Sunday to Thursday / Days 07:00 to 16:00Prince George
has a population of 73,004 (2021) local residents and is a service centre for approximately 320,000. Prince George has all of the amenities of a larger city mixed with the charm and friendliness of a smaller town. Check out Prince George for more information on what this community has to offer.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Three weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Relocation Incentive is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" offered through the Federal and BC Government Qualifications
• Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.
• Registered on the BC Care Aid Registry.
• Valid Class 5 BC Drivers License.
• Use of personal vehicle.Skills and Abilities:
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
• Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, family, and care team.
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.