In accordance with the Provincial Health Officer's COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate, Northern Health requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
In accordance with the established vision, values, and strategic direction of the organization, the Community Health Worker II, as part of an interprofesional health care team, and under the direction of the Team Lead or designated clinical leader, provides home support services to clients in accordance with a pre-established care plan. Assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, grooming, oral hygiene, planning and preparing meals while promoting maximum independence. Performs delegated tasks for which delegation of tasks training has been completed. A key component of this job is to ensure the well-being of individuals and families and to promote independent living while in the community. Qualifications
- Graduation from a recognized Home Support Attendant/ Resident Care Aid Program
- Registration with the BC Care Aid & Community Health Worker Registry.
- Valid Class 5 BC Drivers' License.
- Certificates in CPR, First Aid and Food Safe.
- Use of personal vehicle.
- Or equivalent combination of current education, training and experience.SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to observe and recognize changes in clients.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, family, and care team.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Home management skills.
View Fort St. James Community