Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We can offer you an exciting opportunity for a Community Health Nurse working in the White Rock community.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have positive and compassionate work environments where you can bring your real dedication for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. We are experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team!
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Establishing therapeutic relationships with clients
- Working independently and as a member of an interprofessional team in the management of an assigned caseload
- Following up to enable clients and their families to live confidently and safely at home and/or in the community
- Providing clinical assessments, direct care, chronic disease management and shared care planning
- Supporting care coordination and advocacy, education, follow-up, caregiver support, involvement with hospital discharge planning, referral as well as facilitating the patient's access to other services.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Recent one (1) years' experience assessing and treating complex geriatric and/or adult patients with chronic health conditions in an acute or community/outpatient care setting including recent experience in care and discharge planning
- Valid BC Drivers' License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes
This is a full-time role working in White Rock, BC. With its sandy beaches, warm waters, red brick promenade, waterfront eateries and dramatic sunsets, White Rock has become known as the Jewel of BC. Located in the southwest corner of the province, White Rock offers a variety of leisure activities such as swimming, kayaking, windsurfing, crab fishing, sailing, and golfing, or simply strolling along the beach piers.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.