Do you have a passion for nursing? Are you looking for a role to demonstrate your clinical expertise in a community setting? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Health Registered Nurse to work in our New Westminster & Tri-Cities Communities.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Establishing therapeutic relationships with clients
- Working independently and as a member of an interprofessional team in the management of an assigned caseload
- Enabling clients and their families to live confidently and safely at home and/or in the community
- Providing clinical assessments, direct care, chronic disease management and shared care planning
- Supporting care coordination and advocacy, education, follow-up, caregiver support, involvement with hospital discharge planning, referral as well as facilitating the patient's access to other services.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One (1) year recent related clinical experience assessing and treating complex geriatric and/or adult patients with chronic health conditions in an acute or community/outpatient care setting including recent experience in care and discharge planning
- Valid BC Drivers' License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes
This role is a part-time position located in both New Westminster, BC & Tri-Cities, BC. New Westminster is located on a hillside overlooking the Fraser River, is the oldest incorporated city in BC. The Tri-Cities area consists of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody. Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam offer urban living in a picturesque natural setting.
We offer you the opportunity join a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve! Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.