Do you have a passion for nursing? Do you have experience working with complex geriatric and/or adult patients with chronic health conditions? We have the position for you! We offer an exciting opportunity for a Community Health Nurse to work in our Surrey Community.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. With over 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers dedicated to providing services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home health, mental health and public health, to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real dedication for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. We are experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Establishing therapeutic relationships with clients
- Working independently and as a member of an interprofessional team in the management of an assigned caseload
- Following up to enable clients and their families to live confidently and safely at home and/or in the community
- Providing clinical assessments, direct care, chronic disease management and shared care planning
- Supporting care coordination and advocacy, education and caregiver support
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Recent one (1) years' experience assessing and treating complex geriatric and/or adult patients with chronic health conditions in an acute or community/outpatient care setting including recent experience in care and discharge planning
- Valid BC Drivers' License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes
This role is a casual position located in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada's fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province, equal to the size of Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby combined. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Also, despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.