Do you have a passion for community nursing? We have the position for you! We can offer you an exciting opportunity for a Primary & Community Care Registered Nurse to work in the Tri-Cities and New Westminster area.
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.9 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka'pamux Nations.
Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We have a positive and compassionate work environment where you can bring your real passion for nursing to the role and be part of our rapidly thriving team. Fraser Health is experiencing unprecedented growth and now you can be a part of a busy and exciting team.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Working independently and as a member of an interprofessional team in the management of an assigned caseload
- Following up to enable clients and their families to live expertly and safely at home and/or in the community
- Providing clinical assessments, direct care, chronic disease management and shared care planning
- Supporting care coordination and advocacy, education, follow-up, caregiver support, involvement with hospital discharge planning, referral as well as facilitating the patient's access to other services
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Recent one (1) years' experience assessing and treating complex geriatric and/or adult patients with chronic health conditions in an acute or community/outpatient care setting including recent experience in care and discharge planning
- Valid BC Drivers' License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes
This role is a relief full-time position located in the Tri-Cities and New Westminster areas of BC. Tri-Cities area consists of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody. Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam offer urban living in a picturesque natural setting. The Traboulay PoCo Trail showcases the best of the community, which traverses forest and creek, meadow and marsh, riverfront and urban development. Port Moody is a vibrant waterfront community with a unique small-town feel in a metropolitan setting. Over 40% of the community is dedicated to parkland - a haven for outdoor enthusiasts.
New Westminster is located on a hillside overlooking the Fraser River, is the oldest incorporated city in BC, was once the provincial capital, and remains an urban hub of the Lower Mainland. The Royal City, as it is still known, began as a pioneer settlement and evolved into a stately Victorian city, and today remains graced with many grand Victorian and Edwardian heritage buildings.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Be a part of our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.