Do you have a passion for nursing? We have the position for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Health Registered Nurse to work in our Abbotsford community.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people - 1/3 of British Columbia's population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC's first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
BUILD ON YOUR CAREER EXPERIENCE BY:
- Establishing therapeutic relationships with clients
- Working independently and as a member of an interprofessional team
- Enabling clients and their families to live confidently and safely at home and/or in the community
- Providing clinical assessments, direct care, chronic disease management and shared care planning
- Supporting care coordination and advocacy, education, follow-up, caregiver support, involvement with hospital discharge planning, referral as well as facilitating the patient's access to other services.
YOUR BACKGROUND INCLUDES:
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- One (1) year recent related clinical experience assessing and treating complex geriatric and/or adult patients with chronic health conditions in an acute or community/outpatient care setting including recent experience in care and discharge planning
- Valid BC Drivers' License and access to a personal vehicle for business-related purposes
This role is a relief part-time position located in Abbotsford, BC. Abbotsford is known as the Berry Capital of Canada, with its flourishing community alongside the breath-taking scenic views. It is home to the Abbotsford International Airport, the fastest growing airport in western Canada, and the annual Abbotsford International Air Show.
We offer you the opportunity join a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.