Position Title Community and Contract Services Coordinator: Health Sciences Programs Posting Number 00132F Location Coquitlam Campus Grade or Pay Level In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Salary Range In accordance with the current Collective Agreement Position Type Faculty - Coordinator Posting Type Internal/External Regular/Temporary Regular Employment Type Full Time Posting Category Faculty Start Date 08/16/2019 End Date Diversity Statement Douglas College is committed to being a workplace that is free of discrimination, that values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. Work Arrangements This is a full time regular probationary faculty position in the Faculty of Health Sciences as a Coordinator/Programmer of Continuing Education in Health Sciences. This position is located at the Douglas College Coquitlam campus, but requires travel within the lower mainland and on occasion within Canada. What Douglas Offers DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. It's a philosophy that resonates through our classrooms, our offices and our boardrooms. It inspires our students and drives us to make Douglas College one of BC's Top Employers. We love what we do. And we're looking for passionate, motivated people to join us in making one of Canada's best colleges even better. The Role This role is responsible for the overall strategic direction of Continuing Education in Health Sciences at Douglas College. This includes the development, oversight and promotion of a Health Sciences certificate, contract training, individual employer programs and courses in Health Sciences.
The successful candidate is responsible for :
1. The strategic planning and development of the Health Sciences Continuing Education Department
2. Developing, managing, and overseeing a variety of continuing education and contract training programs and courses in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
3. Seeking out and developing new and innovative programming in Health Sciences continuing education.
4. Planning, organizing, and managing all continuing education programming and program budgets.
5. Work closely with relevant external stakeholders including community constituencies, external agencies/associations, Douglas College administrators, faculty and staff. To Be Successful in this Role You Will Need 1. An undergraduate degree in a Health Care Discipline or Education. A Master's or Doctorate in Education or a Health Care discipline is preferred.
2. Demonstrated leadership abilities in a previous employment role.
3. A minimum of two years of experience with the development of curriculum development and design
4. Demonstrated experience with the development of mission, visions, and program implementation of strategic plans.
5. A minimum of five years' experience in an educational setting, with post-secondary education preferred.
6. A minimum of recent one-year experience in successfully managing self-funded programs or projects is preferred
7. Demonstrated successful experience in developing external stakeholder and community relationships
8. Demonstrated successful experience or education in marketing and promoting programs or events.
A combination of education and experience that does not explicitly meet the above requirements will be considered for the right candidate. Link to Full Position Profile
Posting Detail Information
Open Date 03/14/2019 Close Date 03/28/2019 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicant This position will remain open until filled with a first review date of March 31, 2019
Please ensure your resume clearly explains how you meet the required knowledge, skills and abilities of the position for which you are applying.
All candidates selected for an interview will need to provide original sealed transcripts for educational credentials noted on their resume. Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting http://www.douglascollegecareers.ca/postings/4010