Closing Date : December 5, 2022
We are looking for an engaging, personable, and conscientious individual!
The Community & Indigenous Affairs Coordinator is responsible for supporting and tracking ongoing engagement activities, coordinating critical community engagement events and supporting the implementation of the operational and project assessment agreements in place with Indigenous Governments and Organizations.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities at your fingertips. Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Maintain Highland Valley Copper's overall relationship with local communities, in keeping with our core values of safety, sustainability, integrity, respect, excellence, and courage
- Support the team in meeting obligations and commitments with Indigenous governments and organizations to ensure alignment with community expectations and interests
- Support collaboration with Indigenous governments and organizations, consultants, and technical team members in delivering studies and reports
- Responsible for administration of meeting coordination including minutes and action tracking
- Responsible for the design and coordination of community engagement events, tours, and functions
- Social management database administration and support
- Post-Secondary education in community relations, social sciences, international development, social work, sustainability, public health, participatory research, advocacy, and/or economic development
- Direct work experience with community relations, community development, and/or community investment
- Knowledge and understanding of local social and community context
- Knowledge and experience working with Indigenous communities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including active listening, and public speaking
- Critical attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong skills in Microsoft Office especially in Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, meeting facilitation and event coordination skills
- High degree of initiative, self-motivation, accountability, and independent judgment
- Experience and understanding of the mining industry is an asset
- Must possess a valid driver's license (minimum BC class 7N or equivalent)
- Grade 12 certification or GED or equivalent
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. Our values guide every decision we make as a company and as individual employees. They describe what is most important to us and set the bar for how we behave in our interactions with society, with our business partners and with one another.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResourcesJob Segment:
Coal Mining, Sustainability, DBA, Mining, Energy, Technology, Research
Construction, Mining and Trades