Since 1989, the Justice Education Society has been increasing the legal capability of those in British Columbia and beyond. Through a dynamic set of programs at home and abroad, JES has been at the forefront of experiential legal education for over 25 years. For more information about us, find us online at www.justiceeducation.ca. We are now seeking an experienced Communications and Fundraising Coordinator to help increase awareness of and support for the services and products we provide and to reach new audiences still unaware of our offerings. This position is full-time (34 hours per week).
Reporting to the BC Program Director, you will provide a broad range of Communications and Fundraising services to JES to promote and support our BC, Digital, and International programs. You will be responsible for supporting all aspects of creating and delivering the message of JES, including:
- Working with internal stakeholders to develop our communication strategy and activities to further the strategy, and with external stakeholders to respond to requests for information, collaborate on joint initiatives and events, and to coordinate communication activities;
- Researching, writing, and producing diverse communications to be distributed through traditional and digital media;
- Coordinating the development, production, and distribution of internal and external communications products, such as newsletters, press releases and annual reports;
- Furthering our presence on social media through regular postings to existing sites and expansion to new ones;
- Planning and overseeing events to promote the services and products of JES; and
- Supporting existing JES fundraising initiatives as well as developing new directions for our fundraising.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related discipline and at least three (3) years of recent, related experience;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Well-developed knowledge of and experience with social media for non-profits;
- Strong capability with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Indesign Illustrator and Photoshop). Understanding of SEO, website information architecture, and intranet/web analytics is desirable;
- Experience leading and/or supporting successful fundraising campaigns; and
- Excellent organizational skills and successful track record of leading teams on deadline-oriented tasks.
Interested candidates must submit the following information:
1. A detailed current CV describing contact information, a summary of relevant knowledge and work experience; and
2. A cover letter addressing each of the duties and qualifications for the position and explaining why the candidate is well suited to the position.
Applications must be received no later than 4:00pm (PST) on Wednesday, November 2, 2016. Late applications will not be considered.