The Communications Advisor-Integrated Primary and Community Care (IPCC) is a member of the team
responsible for the communications needs of Northern Health's (NH's) IPCC department, including:
- Communications assistance with IPCC projects and services of interest to stakeholders, including but
not limited to staff, public audiences, community groups, interest and advocacy groups, various levels
of government, and media;
- Assisting with the day-to-day informational needs of stakeholder groups;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of strategic communications priorities established
within IPCC plans, including plans for the Community Medical Office Information System (CMOIS);
community-specific plans; overall IPCC plans; and NH's business plan;
- Providing communications support to IPCC projects, both internal and external to NH;
- Assisting in community relations and consultation activities and health promotion and improvement
- Assisting in other communications activities, including emergency situations, as required. Qualifications Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations or Marketing;
- Minimum five (5) years related experience in communications, marketing and/or journalism;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous experience in a health care, government, public sector, not-for-profit or corporate
environment an asset.
- Experience with social media, multimedia, website content development and management an asset.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to develop engaging and interesting original content.
- Ability to be strategic in the design of IPCC communications campaigns.
- Outstanding written communication skills.
- Skilled in writing for a variety of audiences and media, including print, video (scripts), Web and social
- Extensive knowledge of communications tools and practices used in a corporate environment.
- Working knowledge of design, photography, publications production, desktop publishing, video, and
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships.
- Ability to work effectively with senior leaders and other stakeholders in a wide variety of settings
across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally in a confident and effective manner.
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive issues in a professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm, alert and high functioning under stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to set priorities and be results-oriented.
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously, while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude.
- Flexibility to provide after-hours service in emergencies or unpredictable circumstances.
- Knowledge of current health and IPCC topics and issues in BC and within the NH region an asset.
View Prince George Community