- We are a rapidly growing company offering the best in Internet, TV, and home Phone services.
- We’ve been in business since 1996 and are headquartered right here in beautiful Vancouver close to bus routes and Skytrain stations.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package after 3 months of full-time employment.
- Novus also offers generous education reimbursement and employer matching GRRSP programs.
- It’s your birthday! Take the day off.
- Our Fun Club will have you socializing with activities throughout the year and donuts on Fridays will satisfy your cravings.
Be part of the Novus engineering team that is responsible for keeping Novus as awesome as possible. Or, more specifically, the installation, construction and the maintenance of existing and future Cable Television and High Speed Internet services and equipment. You’ll also be maintaining our friendly reputation through exceptional customer service during appointments and interactions.
Some responsibilities include:
- Install and terminate various types of fiber and copper telecom cables
- Install and configure varies types of network switches
- Install, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair technical problems in a proficient manner
- Complete outside and inside system plant audits, maintenance and installations
- Respond and repair inside and outside fiber and technical emergency outages
- Complete and submit project documentation and as-builts
- Complete BC One Call locate requests as needed when construction is planned near existing network or where it might interfere with existing Novus structure
- Must be able to use hand/power tools and testing equipment
- Must be able to handle bending, climbing, lifting heavy objects (i.e. ladders)
- Require excellent analytical skills and ability to take initiative and prioritize
- Experience working in Customer Service focused environment
- Promote Novus products and services
- Demonstrated hands-on technical ability
- Require strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Perform other duties as required
- Must have team-oriented mentality
Must be able to:
- Work various shifts including days, nights, and weekends.
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- A good communicator. You communicate well within your team
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Computer knowledge in MS programs an asset
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Aerial and Underground structure, fibre optic & Cat5e and CAT6 cabling and CATV background an asset
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
As a federally regulated company, Novus expects that all new employees provide proof of full vaccination with an approved Covid-19 vaccine or proof of a valid exemption. Exempt employees will be required to undergo regular Covid-19 tests before entering the workplace.
Construction, Mining and Trades Telecommunications