Kal Tire is recruiting for a Commercial Tire Technician with a focus on providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be willing to drive a Kal Tire road service vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
We will provide a thorough training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for advancement. Core Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
- Respond to highway and after-hour night calls on a rotational basis.\u00A0
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers' expectations.
- When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop service as directed by Store Manager.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
Education and Special Requirements
- 1+ year of road service or tire technician experience is considered an asset but not required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
- Methodical and patient approach with strong attention to detail.
- Team player who is able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
- A high school diploma is a minimum requirement.
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
- Valid class 5 driver\u2019s license.
- Must be comfortable driving and working at night.
Kal Tire offers a competitive wage, benefits, and RRSP matching program. An accelerated training program will be provided.