165486 Work Area:
Sales Expected Travel:
0 - 20% Career Status:
Management Employment Type:
Regular Full TimeCOMPANY DESCRIPTION
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.ROLE DESCRIPTION
The Commercial Sales Manager will lead SAP’s sales execution in the Mid-Market segment, managing a team of sales executives, who with partners are responsible for generating revenue in their assigned accounts.
Ultimately, the Commercial Sales Manager is responsible for securing revenue, building pipeline to support this, and elevating SAP’s leadership position in the Mid-Market segment. EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
BUILD, DEVELOP and MOTIVATE THE TEAM
- Build and lead a world class Digital Sales Team that is responsible for driving SAP’s revenue stream with partners in the segment. The team drives revenue with our Digital Sales Motion using Digital tools for Social, Video and Content.
- Manages and motivates a team, from new hires to seasoned professionals, to meet sales goals while also improving/increasing sales readiness.
- Understand the importance of success as a team and coach and develop individuals to maximize each team member’s results.
- Set individual performance expectations, objectives, standards and priorities, providing development opportunities and training, and recognizing achievement of revenue, profitability and customer satisfaction goals. Provide on-going feedback for development and growth of individual team members.
- Act a role model for the team and key stakeholders - sharing their passion for success, growing the business and bringing value to our customers. Lead by example with use of proven digital sales techniques that drive revenue in their own deals.
- Deliver incremental New Name customers to SAP
DRIVE REVENUE & GROW THE BUSINESS
- Develop and execute a competitive sales business plan to drive consistent revenue streams and achieve market growth goals.
- Monitor success of Commercial Sales programs, evaluate results based on common targets and initiate enhancement of activities in order to drive SAP’s growth targets.
- Allocate appropriate resources and targets considering territory potential, coverage needs and channel capacity & capability; review resource allocation on a regular basis and adjust accordingly.
- Conduct regular business review meetings, including forecast calls with senior management.
- Review and manage the Commercial Sales pipeline for assigned area of responsibility to ensure attainment of Commercial Sales business unit targets and performance goals.
- Develop, drive and implement sales initiatives and campaigns with marketing and other stakeholders to accelerate pipeline build and revenue conversion.
- Build and maintain business relationship with key management personnel and partners within the country to drive strategic priorities of the team.
- Inspire and influence internal and external stakeholders, experts and other resources not under direct control, helping to remove obstacles and goal achievement, including the Executive Sponsorship of ‘Must-Win Deals’.
- Ensure successful roll out of programs and offerings in key markets in close cooperation with SAP’s internal units, via partners and/or leveraging marketing events.
- Share best practices across countries/regions/e-Centres through regular interaction.
- Support Commercial Sales team in top deals / complex sales opportunities whenever high degrees of seniority, solution knowledge and knowledge of the overall strategy are required.
- Represent the business within the organization that require senior management attention and/or support.
- Manage customer / partner escalations in a proactive and professional manner in order to maintain satisfaction levels and to secure future business.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Some sales management experience preferred, ideally in the software industry.
- Minimum six years software sales experience with deal closure responsibilities. Sales experience in a cloud environment and selling motion is great advantage.
- Mid-Market sales experience required, field sales experience is an advantage.
- Experience working in a matrix or cross-functional organisation and management of multiple stakeholders across the sales cycle an advantage.
- Delivery against Net New Name targets, an advantage.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Strong understanding of the area SAP experience preferred.
- SAP Midmarket Portfolio knowledge - SAP Business All-in-One, SAP Business ByDesign, SAP Cloud offering.
- A high-energy team player capable of balancing pressing short-term deliverables with long-term goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership qualities. Proven track record in leading, developing, motivating and empowering a high performance team.
- High level of integrity and ethical approach to doing business.
- Sales coaching & strong relationship building skills both internally and externally, and able to navigate and effectively manage business successfully in a matrix organization.
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected]
or [email protected]
, APJ: [email protected]
, EMEA: [email protected]
). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.Additional Locations
: Job Segment:
Sales Management, ERP, Field Sales, Software Sales, Sales, Technology