885 West Georgia Street
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
We are actively seeking students in their 3rd year of undergraduate studies for this opportunity.
You are a great communicator, team player, self-motivated, detail-oriented, critical thinker with excellent analytical, a strong work ethic and relationship building skills.
Our Commercial Banking Credit Analyst Internship is an exciting opportunity for co-ops/interns to learn about our Commercial Banking business and what it takes to achieve success as an Analyst.
As a co-op/intern student at BMO, you will have the opportunity to be heard, keep growing and make a difference. You will have the opportunity to participate in programs such as the BMO First Friend peer assignment, BMO Social Squad student-led activities, BMO U corporate learning platform and our Employee Resource Groups to further develop your network within BMO.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and an unofficial copy of your academic transcript.
Interested in learning more about our campus programs? Stay up-to-date with BMO Campus Recruitment by following us on Instagram @BMO_on_Campus
Facilitates decisioning and analysis of all types of credit information to support lending decisions and processes for the bank. Maintains and promotes a client service environment to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
We're here to help
- Advises and recommend alternative means of financing for borrowers/prospects when it is determined that loan structure is not in the best interest of BMO.
- Analyzes financial information, tax returns, credit bureau reports and other related materials.
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers.
- Partners with internal stakeholders for accurate, detailed client information.
- Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Assists in negotiations of terms and conditions of all decisions made via phone and e-mail interaction with clients.
- Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning credit worthiness.
- Minimizes BMO's risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience; however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians