Title: Commercial Accelerate Program, Agriculture 2021: Drumheller, Brooks & surrounding area 1
Requisition ID: 94213
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Recruitment Timeline
Deadline to apply is February 5th, 2021
Interviews will take place in mid-end February
We no longer require resumes! The application process is detailed below. Please ensure you have submitted your video interview, and completed your PLUM assessment by this date.
The CAP Agriculture posting is for opportunities Canada wide. Please note that you get hired into a region not a city, details for mobility expectations are below. Commercial Accelerate Program
, Agriculture: Chilliwack and/or Abbotsford and surrounding areas Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future," our 97,000 teammates help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy.
Scotiabank's Commercial Banking professionals are committed to delivering advice. You will be a trusted business advisor offering a full suite of customized lending, deposit, cash management and trade finance solutions to mid and large-sized businesses. Team players with a client-centric approach and a strong emphasis on results will thrive in our flexible, growth-oriented environment, and our one-of-a-kind people-first culture.
Scotiabank's graduate development programs are designed to offer modern, skills-based learning and development that is centered around mentorship and experiential learning. People are our foundation and Scotiabank is committed to investing in its employees. We offer a blended learning and personal development curriculum that includes coaching, in-class workshops, team activities, e-learning, skill builds and other resources. We also offer a fast-paced stimulating environment along with an attractive salary/benefit package commensurate with experience. Commercial Accelerate Program
Are you looking to accelerate your career in a fast-paced, client-facing, and collaborative environment? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! The Commercial Accelerate Program has been designed to develop the Commercial Bankers of tomorrow! Our 9- to 12-month rotational program provides the coach-supported opportunities you need to learn, practice, and apply the skills required to succeed as Relationship Manager in the fast-paced world of business banking. Each rotation will give you hands-on experience and with a different Commercial Banking business line.
The Commercial Accelerate Program offers unique rotations within areas such as: Mid-Market Distribution, Real Estate Banking, Roynat Capital, Agriculture, Leasing, Payment & Cash Management and Global Risk Management. The Commercial Accelerate Program has a dedicated Senior Program Manager who provides individual mentorship, coaching, and development to ensure a successful transition in and out of rotations, and prepares you to launch your career as a Commercial Banker following completion of the program.
Through the Commercial Accelerate program, you will gain the following skills to support your successful transition into an exceptional Relationship Manager and Commercial Banker
- The ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with Commercial business clients to successfully support retention and growth activities.
- A thorough understanding of methods to build and maintain an internal and external profile to identify new business opportunities and sustain revenue growth within a customer portfolio.
- The ability to conduct effective analysis, structuring and presentation of credit proposals for a portfolio of highly complex and/or customized borrowing and non-borrowing relationships.
- Awareness of sophisticated techniques and tools to help you identify customer business needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- An in-depth knowledge of compliance, risk management policies, as well as legal and security documentation.
After successfully graduating from the program, our Senior Program Manager will work closely with you to identify a challenging and competitive position within the Commercial Bank including Commercial Distribution, Roynat Capital or Real Estate Banking. Learning & Development
The Commercial Accelerate Program will provide you with a thorough foundation of Commercial Banking through:
- Multiple layers of Mentorship - we are passionate about your success and, in addition to the support provided by your Program Manager, you will also have a Peer Mentor, Rotation Trainer, Business Line Mentor to support your development.
- Commercial Banking & Partner Introduction - Rotations in Commercial areas such as Distribution, Real Estate, Roynat Capital, Payment and Cash Management, and with key partners such as Global Risk Management will ensure you develop a solid bank-wide network quickly.
- Sales Training . You'll learn tried and tested Commercial sales processes, be provided with the sales and client relationship management tools you need to get up to speed and ,create customer value.
- Analytical Training including financial analysis, products & services, tools & technology
We're looking for the super stars that have both strong financial acumen and a passion for people!
As a Relationship Manager in Commercial Banking you'll hold relationships with business leaders from across Canada. You'll conduct cash flow analysis to understand the clients' story and offer advice to help them achieve financial goals. If you're someone who gets equally excited about examining key financial metrics as building solid relationships, then you're exactly the right person for the Commercial Bank!
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Commerce, Finance, or Accounting-related disciplines to be completed no later than 2021
- MBA applicants welcome
- A genuine interest in and passion for Commercial Banking
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
- Strong communication and client relationship management skills
- High level of financial literacy with an understanding of financial statements, credit terms and conditions and relationships
- Natural curiosity and passion for problem solving
- The ability to operate in a fast-paced, agile and constantly changing environment
- Experience in providing customer needs-based advice and solutions is strongly preferred
The Commercial Accelerate Program has been designed to develop better Business Bankers across the country. We always do our best to accommodate post program placement preferences, however all program participants must be willing to relocate within their region if required. Upon completion of the program, placement opportunities will be dependent on business and operational needs. Apply Now!
For students, we are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don't believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you're truly about to properly assess your potential. Instead we want to get to know YOU and hear about the experiences that have shaped you. We know... this might sound crazy but for students applying to one of our co-ops, internships or TILT new grad programs we are no longer requiring resumes. Instead we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile: link to PLUM
- Complete a short one-way video interview: link to rivs
- Apply to the role through our career site! When the application asks for your resume, instead upload a screenshot of your plum to show us you've completed it, we have full access to your entire profile from Plum and won't use the screenshot but it's a great reminder for each of you to have completed it. Alternatively you can submit a resume if you want, we just will not be relying on it when we assess you.
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here .
Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Abbotsford || Canada : British Columbia : Chilliwack
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Curriculum, Web Design, Real Estate, Relationship Manager, Technology, Education, Creative, Sales, Customer Service