Job Skills / Requirements Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and provide top notch customer service? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team!The Paladin Difference
starts with Operators; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! We offer job flexibility and plenty of career advancement opportunities, including free training, security licensing, and promotion from within. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Command Centre Operator - BC Operations Centre
Location: Burnaby Operations Centre
Job Type: Full Time & Part TimeWHAT IS THE OPPURTUNITY?
We are looking for a Command Centre Operator to join our team. Paladin recently renewed our company values to CARE:
- Curious - seek opportunities to learn and grow
- Accountable - do what you say and own your behaviours
- Respectful - take care of one another and celebrate our differences
- Exceptional - have the courage to be great
You will embody the company values while you support our front-line staff and clients. Working in the Operations Centre for one of BC's largest employers, you will be the first point of contact for over 4000 people. We are looking for thoughtful, warm & welcoming folks that take pride in helping others! Additionally, working in our Operations Centre will also expose you to communicating with our clients to take on client requests, support our ongoing clients, and helping them with logistical items related to their services.WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Operator you will be responsible for carrying out support service offerings to our client and front-line staff from our 24/7 Operations Centre. This is primarily achieved through completing timely and professional follow-ups to client service requests, conducting preliminary troubleshooting and / or providing advisory updates to our internal stakeholders, and ensuring the safety and preparedness of our front-line security staff. The Operator is integral for ensuring the day-to-day success of our service delivery across the province. Your key accountabilities will be as follows:
YOU'RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU
- Ensure front-line security staff are informed and equipped to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate occurrences impacting operations to internal stakeholders, as necessary.
- Process client requests for ad-hoc security officer coverage into our scheduling software.
- Support Specialty Services and Scheduling groups, as needed.
- Compile and distribute shift briefs recapping pertinent events to the support services team.
- Manage and maintain work-alone requirements for front line staff, as required.
- Support after-hours scheduling for non-Lower Mainland requirements.
- Help with communications in the event of a significant incident.
- Facilitate timely dispatching of alarm and accurate follow up reports with resolutions for each.
- Conduct audits of scheduling and reporting software to ensure data-integrity
- Assist in radio and equipment tracking and inventory.
- Perform other duties as requested to assist with Paladin needs.
PALADIN OFFERS YOU:
- Have experience working in a call centre or an operation centre with high call volume.
- Have customer service and/or retail background
- Have strong working knowledge of MS Office, and ability to learn new software / applications.
- Have excellent computer skills with fast and accurate typing (greater than 50 WPM with no errors).
- Have commitment to professionalism and excellence in customer service.
- Can make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision.
- Possess skills to deal with challenges and communicate effectively at various social levels.
- Are tech savvy and comfortable sharing your knowledge with team members
- You are a master at multitasking across multiple computer apps, and able to prioritize efficiently and effectively on what needs to get done.
- You are a big fan of teamwork and demonstrate your team spirit every day.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Career Advancement: Whether you are gaining experience for Management, looking for meaningful work as a student, or simply exploring a field you are passionate about, Paladin gives you the opportunity to advance your skills!
- Leading Corporate Culture: Paladin was selected as one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor, is the only security firm ever to be recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and has been named by Waterstone as Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Culture for 10 years running!
- Leadership: For over four decades, our reputation as Canada's leading security company has been cemented through our unwavering belief in being accountable to our employees. We don't make excuses. If we say we will do something, you can count on us to back it up. It's this culture of accountability that allows us to empower every employee at Paladin Security.
- Health Benefits & Perks: Full-time employees are eligible for great benefits, and all staff can enjoy exclusive Paladin discounts at your favorite retailers and service providers across Canada!
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Our vision statement is making the world a safer and friendlier place. This statement is meant to be inclusive of our Paladin community and all the communities we serve. With an understanding of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion we employ a posture of learning and practice from ourselves and those around us to grow further as we work to fulfill our vision statement
- Indigenous Initiatives: Paladin is committed to creating opportunities for indigenous peoples. We show our commitment to this by taking part in many training and hiring opportunities, including training initiatives for indigenous learners and communities, and Joint-venture partnerships
For over four decades, our reputation as Canada's leading security company has been cemented through our unwavering belief in being accountable to our employees. We don't make excuses. If we say we will do something, you can count on us to back it up. It's this culture of accountability that allows us to empower every employee at Paladin Security.
We thank all candidates for their time, but only applications selected to move to the interview phase will be contacted.
Customer Service and Support Operations and Logistics